Almost all local authorities provide a regular door-to-door kerbside recycling service, so it’s easy to recycle at home.
Tips for getting started:
- Find out exactly how to recycle from your council’s website. Contamination can disrupt the recycling process, so make sure you know what bin or bag to put your cans in.
- Squash your cans to save space before recycling.
- If you’ve missed your collection or need an additional way to recycle, many areas collect cans from recycling banks at local supermarkets or household waste recycling centres.
- Remember, it’s not just cans that can be recycled – with a bit of organisation, you can get most material out of your household bin.
- For more information and advice, visit www.recyclenow.com.